Our New Old House

1918 Bungalow

Flower

My windows: the lost images

I forgot to upload these photos yesterday. Here are some more pictures of my windows in the front bedroom as I’m removing them.

One thing I learned is that because I need to break the stops between the sashes to get them out, I need to access them from the side. Luckily, there are access holes to get to the weights and these allow me to access the sides of the stops too.

IMG_3466

IMG_3467

Here are the weights. Notice the unusual knot used to tie them on. Someone told me this knot was commonly used for window weights. I’ve seen it in two different houses so far.

IMG_3469

IMG_3468

Here are the window frames after I removed the sashes. It was very weird having gaping holes in the side of my house, so I took a lot of pictures of how that looked before I put the storm windows back on.

IMG_3471

IMG_3470

IMG_3474

And I took a few at night so you could see the room itself and not just the light from outside.
IMG_3477

IMG_3478

So here’s my nice stack of windows ready to be refurbished.
IMG_3472

Mark that task off my list!
IMG_3473

[tags]bedroom, windows, photos, woodwork[/tags]

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply